One of my favorite things to do as a Microsoft MVP is to present at user group meetings. For those who haven’t been involved in user groups yet, they are generally a geographically based group of people with a common interest – in this case Microsoft technology. User groups give you a chance to have a much more directed conversation like presentation which lets the attendees be much move involved and lets them help to set the direction for the presentation.
I’ve had the opportunity to speak at several conferences (TechEd, Microsoft Management Summit, Midwest Management Summit, System Center Universe, Experts Live) and at several user groups (DFWSMUG, HASMUG, CTSMUG, TCSMUG, SAASMUG, and I’m sure that there have been others). With my MVP renewal for 2019 I wanted to outreach to the other user groups out there. If you are looking for a public speaker for your user group and you see a topic that would you believe would be interesting to your group let me know! (My email is my [email protected]). Below is the list of topics which I currently have or am currently developing presentation materials for based on the topic area (Technical, or Consulting Skills):
Topic Area: Technical
- Automation Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Automating yourself out of a job
- Better, Stronger, Faster – your business apps in Azure
- Building automations that people can actually reuse!
- Facing monitoring challenges without resorting to that four-letter word
- How to get real value out of the Modern Desktop
- How to monitor everything with Azure Monitor
- How to take your Log Analytics to the next level
- Monitoring Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Protecting your identity in a digital world
- Systems Management Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- What is Kusto/KQL and shy should I care?
Topic Area: Consulting Skills
- Advanced consulting techniques
- Consulting secrets revealed: Being a better consultant and how you can get more from your consultants
- Public speaking mistakes – Live!
- So, you want to be a Microsoft MVP? Or do you…
If one or more of the above look interesting to your user group send me an email to let me know (again my email is my [email protected]) or post a comment here on the blog or reply via Twitter! Here’s to a great second half of 2019!
UPDATE: The first of these presentations occurred recently (15th of August) with my friends in Australia with the “How to Monitor Everything with Azure Monitor” session topic. Per Tao things went well “Awesome presentation! Thanks for presenting to us last night.”
UPDATE: 12/3/2019: Added sessions submitted to MMS 2020 and Experts Live to the roster of potential sessions.