Welcome to my "Wally-Palooza 2014" blog post!
If you have been working in Configuration Manager (or SMS) for years I’m sure that you know Wally Mead. If not, allow me to introduce him with this statement – I believe that Wally is pound-for-pound the best Configuration Manager advocate on the planet. If you don’t know Wally yet, here’s some information on him:
"Wally has been with Microsoft for over 20 years, working with Systems Management Server and Configuration Manager for 17 of those years, starting with SMS 1.0. He has helped in the development of Microsoft Official Curriculum on SMS and Configuration Manager since SMS 1.0. He currently works as a senior program manager in the Configuration Manager product group, working with TAP customers, presenting at conferences, creating hands-on labs and virtual images, and helping manage the Configuration Manager community for the product group."
System Center Universe 2014 – Jan 30th
Wally is one of the speakers at the upcoming System Center Universe 2014 event (presenter information is available here). The speaker list is looking great and includes presenters such as Johan Arwidmark, Kent Agerlund, Maarten Goet, Jason Sandys, Travis Wright, Pete Zerger and Anders Bengtsson (among others). The agenda for the event has been made available at: http://www.systemcenteruniverse.com/agenda.htm. There are currently 35+ simulcast locations spanning 7 countries. Details on all venues are available at: http://www.systemcenteruniverse.com/venue.htm.
And of course, registration is available at http://www.systemcenteruniverse.com.
Do you have a question for Wally or any of the other speakers at SCU? Prepare them for the Q&A session at the end of SCU! (http://www.systemcenteruniverse.com/agenda.htm).
But what if you want more dedicated time learning from Wally? Check out the SCU Wally Mead Roadshow information below!
The SCU Wally Mead Roadshow: Is described as "a full day of ConfigMgr, deep diving into the product. . . We always have a great day with him – bring your questions, and prepare to drink from the fire hose!"
Wally Mead, Senior Program Manager with Microsoft, will be presenting on the following topics:
- What’s New in Configuration Manager 2012 R2
- Upgrading to Configuration Manager 2012 R2
- Implementing User Device Management with Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Windows Intune
- Deploying Windows 8.1 with Configuration Manager 2012 R2
He will also be giving an overview of some of the other new features and drilling down into a few topics as time permits. Wally’s locations for these events span Texas and Phoenix as shown below. If you are interested in Configuration Manager or want to know more about it, don’t miss SCU 2014 or Wally’s full day events at the following locations:
- January 31st: Houston TX: http://www.hasmug.com/2013/12/30/hasmug-2014-january-31st-wally-mead-and-configuration-manager-2012-r2/
- February 3rd: Dallas TX: http://www.dfwsmug.com/Blog/Post/9/Wally-Mead-Roadshow—2-3-2014
- February 4th: San Antonio TX: http://saasmug.com/?p=205
- February 5th: Austin TX: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ctsmug-meeting-with-wally-mead-tickets-10121691251?ref=estw
- February 6th: Phoenix AZ: https://clicktoattend.microsoft.com/en-us/Pages/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=175451