I wasn’t planning on doing a part 2 to this blog post but it turns out that when I originally blogged on this issue at http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2013/11/01/updated-agent-and-server-troubleshooting-issues-when-reporting-to-an-operations-manager-2012-r2-environment.aspx I thought I had fixed it but I had not.
Checking back later in my lab I found that it was not in the state that I had left it at the end of the original blog post (shown below) where my agents were all reporting to Operations Manager correctly.
Instead it was back to the original condition with every agent except for the Management Server in a non-functional state.
I had reached the point where after further debugging I had almost decided to reinstall Operations Manager in my lab.
However, a last minute trick saved the day. I loaded the Operations Manager media and used the “Repair the Operations Manager Installation” option shown below.
Since only the agents were experiencing issues, I chose only the Management Server option shown below.
And the repair completed as shown below.
Just to be safe I rebooted the management server and checked the Windows Computer view which was now working as it should. I gave it another 24 hours to validate that the problem was not going to recur and all was well.
Summary: If you agents are all not reporting and you have gone through all of the normal debug steps and your next step is a re-install, give the feature repair option a try!