I noticed that after a complete failure of an upgrade from OpsMgr 2007 R2 CU6 to OpsMgr 2012, the SDK Service would not start.
Here’s what I did to fix it, in its entirety. The Steps are below the screenshots.
NOTE: You might be able to begin at step 3 if the SDK assembly files are in good shape.
Here’s a screenshot of a Process Monitor capture created during the upgrade. Note that the process name is ‘Microsoft.Mom.Sdk.ServiceHost.exe’ and the highlighted areas note v2.0.50727_64 which is referencing the 64 bit version of .NET.
1. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit: