ConfigMgr RC has been released today. Download from the link above!
Here is the main product page: System Center Configuration Manager 2012 | New Next Version
In the Release Candidate, we’ve introduced some additional and enhanced capabilities, including:
- Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting for System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
- New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POSReady 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Improved client status checks for Configuration Manager services and features.
- Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and the generation of hourly compliance summaries.
- Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of these Nokia devices with ConfigMgr.
- Additional scalability and performance improvements.
Important SQL Information!
Something not listed on the site is that you need KB2603910 in order to address a pretty nasty backup bug.
So the recommend SQL configuration is SQL 2008 SP2 with CU6 and KB2603910. The hotfix does not exist for 2008 R2 yet, so don’t use SQL 2008 R2.