- Distributed Cache replaces the older Cache mechanisms in SharePoint 2007 and 2010 and adds some security stuff as well
- Runs on the AppFabric Cache model
- Uses 10% of the RAM on the sever by default. Watch memory utilization because if the host is memory starved, the cache will stop working
- Don’t run it on servers that run Search, Excel Calculation, SQL Sever, Project Server
- You don’t HAVE to run it…but it will make your users experience better if you set it up correctly.
Kudos to Sean for a great article and I hope that your Distibuted Cache is always fast!