Adobe® AIR® is a cross-platform runtime environment that provides the ability to deliver Rich Internet Applications to Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and most mobile platforms.
Below I have detailed how to sequence an Air application for Microsoft App-V. In this example I have used the application GMDesk. However, you can substitute in pretty much any Air based installer. All of these steps are performed on a VM with Microsoft App-V Sequencer 4.6 installed.
1. Install Adobe Air
2. Copy GMDesk-1.01.air to C:\Install
3. Create install folder on Q drive. Ex. Q:\GMDeskEN.001
4. Create install batch file using the following command line
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\Install Folder -desktopShortcut -programMenu <program>.air
Note: -desktopShortcut places shortcut on desktop and –programMenu places shortcut in Start Menu. Exclude these from the batch file if you do not want to them created.
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" -silent -location Q:\GMDeskEN.001 -desktopShortcut -programMenu C:\Install\GMDesk-1.01.air
Note: After this step I will normally take a snapshot of my sequencer. Then test the batch file. If it works then I’ll restore and continue sequencing. You can also perform this test on a separate machine.
5. Prep machine for sequencing
6. Launch Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer
7. Create a New Virtual Application Package
18. Open Project for Editing
19. Navigate to Virtual Registry tab
20. Remove all unneeded registry keys. In this case I removed the entire User key and the Machine\System key and any references to Windows Search. Also be sure to delete following keys:
Example of clean registry:
21. Navigate to the Virtual File System tab
23. Navigate to the Deployment tab
25. Save the package and close the sequencer.
Now you you are all set to deploy or publish the application.
Note: The machine that you install the package on must have the same or newer version of Adobe Air runtime installed.