Starting in MMS 2011, I added the concept of a pre-show presentation so my audience didn’t need to sit there bored waiting for the presentation to start (this idea was shamelessly stolen from movie theatre previews). These are the topics that we covered during the pre-show deck which ran prior to the actual presentation:
- OpsMgr Training Resources [ ConfigMgr 2012 Unleashed, OpsMgr 2012 Unleashed ]
- Upcoming book announcements [ System Center 2012 Service Manager Unleashed, estimated late 2013 to early 2014 ]
- Gotta-Know-URL’s [ scsm.us, SystemCenterCentral, SystemCenterUniverse, MyItForum ]
- Gotta-Know-URL’s for Operations Manager [ Kevin Holman’s Blog, Marnix Wolf’s Blog, Cameron Fuller’s Blog ]
- Gotta-See-Vendors at MMS [ OpsLogix, Veeam, Catapult Systems, Savision ]
- Gotta-See-Presenters at MMS [ There were lots of great presenters at MMS – I mentioned several who I thought would have sessions that are Gotta-See at MMS ]
Technical Trivial Pursuit:
- Did you know that you can download the management pack guide from the Operations Manager Import Management Pack Wizard?
- Did you know that you can see all related rules and monitors for a template by right-clicking on the template and choose View Management Pack Objects?
- Did you know that you can call a runbook via the native Orchestrator web service? (From Stephen Leuthold)
This opens up a world of possibilities. For example, in a ConfigMgr OSD task sequence you could use a script to call any webservice, including Orchestrator to meet nearly any demand. You could also develop a web or fat-client front end, or PowerShell script to call a runbook via the Orchestrator webservice….
Good reference information for this is available at:
MDT 2012 Update 1 adds runbook capability built in for task sequences: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2012/07/31/mdt-2012-update-1-orchestrator-support.aspx
You can even call these runbooks from a mobile phone App (provided you have connectivity to the Orchestrator web service URL). An example of this concept: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Orchestrator-Mobile-System-81ed45d9
The soundtrack included the following songs which I highly recommend: