I will be presenting at Tech•Ed 2009 in LA, May 11-15, 2009.
SharePoint Search Challenges and Tricks
Many organizations struggle with SharePoint search configuration when it falls outside simple document search. This session presents strategies for handling special search scenarios like large files and images. This session also presents techniques for metadata tagging of files that are outside of the control of the search team. The tips and techniques are presented as patterns that can be used in many different search situations.
- Search configuration overview
- Large file search configuration
- Image metadata tagging and search
- Image search result configuration
- Tagging and searching file you don’t control
Technical Level: 300
Social Networking and User Profiles for Business
SharePoint offers many features that facilitate social networking and personalization in the corporate environment. Organizations are often eager to adopt the features yet spend little time planning or exploring the extent to which personalization and profiles can enhance the user experience. This session will explore the options available to the enterprise for:
- Necessary steps to prepare and implement user profiles
- Using audiences to target content
- Writing custom controls that use profile information
- Taking action on profile changes
- What the heck is a Personalization Site?