I’ve had a couple of people ask me the same OpsMgr question recently which indicates that it’s time to blog something (condition A occurs more than 1x, perform these actions – Hey I’m just like a well written orchestrator workflow ).
How can I quickly skill up on OpsMgr 2012 – The Top 10 List!
1) Try it! There is nothing like hands-on experience with a product. Download and install it from here!
2) CEP: Join the Community Evaluation Program (CEP) to “evaluate early versions of products with guidance from the product team and by sharing of experiences and best practices among a community of peers.”
3) SCU: Sign up for the upcoming System Center Universe event!
4) Webinars, Podcasts, slides: Use free online resources:
- What is public knowledge on OpsMgr 2012?
- Microsoft OpsMgr 2012 website
- Critical Considerations when Migrating Webinar and Slides
- Critical Considerations when Migrating Q&A
- Top 5 Reasons to Migrate Webinar and Slides
- Top 5 Reasons to Migrate Q&A
- Inside Podcast on OpsMgr 2012
- RunAs Radio interview on OpsMgr 2007 and 2012
- Talk Technet Radio interview on OpsMgr 2007 and 2012
- Twitter – watch #SCOM
- Thoughts on OpsMgr (Marnix Wolf)
- Kevin Holman’s Blogs.TechNet
- System Center Operations Manager blog
6) Catapult System Center 2012 Roadmap: Catapult can assist with learning more on OpsMgr 2012 on-site as part of the roadmap project for System Center 2012 (contact via this blog article with a comment or from an email to email@example.com)
7) Books: Currently there are none available for OpsMgr 2012 but when it releases I recommend the System Center Operations Manager 2012 Unleashed book as I know who is authoring on it and the proposed content.
8) Microsoft Forums: There is nothing currently available for OpsMgr 2012 yet but I expect that they will arrive here at RTM
9) Training Classes: Historically InFront’s training crew has been at the front line of new training, look for when they are scheduling System Center classes: http://www.infrontconsulting.com/training.php
10) Virtual Labs: Nothing available for OpsMgr 2012 yet but may arrive here
Do you know of other ways to skill up on OpsMgr 2012? If so, please post them here!