The latest Exchange 2010 Management Pack has been working well at various locations that I have implemented it. The quarantine issue seems to have gone away with this MP, and it appears this MP is a stable release.
Here’s the steps I took to import the Management Pack.
NOTE: Post import, you will want to follow the suggestions outlined in ‘Guidance, Tuning and Known Issues for the Exchange 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager’ from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2592561 also noted in the last step.
Download the latest Exchange 2010 MP from here:
1. Run the MSI
3. Note the installation folder for the Management Pack, then click Extract
· C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs\
4. Extraction will begin and the Exchange Correlation Service will be installed
7. Right Click Management Packs, then click Import Management Packs
8. Click Add, then Click ‘Add from disk…’
13. Once the Exchange Management Pack has been imported successfully, click Close
14. Follow the KB Article ‘Guidance, Tuning and Known Issues for the Exchange 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager’
Article Found HERE http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2592561
14. Discoveries Should be enabled by default to discover pertainent roles
14. Create an MP named something such as "Exchange 2010 Overrides" to hold customizations
14. Optional Configurations for Synthetic Transactions (Client Access, Active Sync, etc) are discussed HERE: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/jcowan/archive/2013/03/26/opsmgr-2012-and-2007-exchange-server-2010-monitoring-management-pack-how-to-perform-the-optional-configurations-for-synthetic-transactions-and-kerberos-authentication.aspx
14. Troubleshooting discussed HERE: