I was having trouble getting my web service to respond, or even browse to make sure it was working. If i tried to connect to the web service via the UDI Wizard Designer, then I would get the following:

image

If i tried to browse to the web service, then i would get the following:

image

I noticed after reading the release notes for Update 1, that there is a known issue with UDI and the 404.3 error.   Basically stating the following:

“If you receive error 404.3 when browsing to the UDI Designer web service, this error is typically the result of the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) multipurpose Internet mail extensions (MIME) type not being registered correctly. To register the WCF MIME type on the web server, go to %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation. From an elevated command prompt, run ServiceModelReg.exe –I to register the MIME type for the .svc extension, which the web service requires.”

Running this, showed a bunch of components getting installed:

image

Testing the web browser again, I was not able to browse to the web service:

image

Also, I was able to connect through the UDI Wizard Designer now as well:

image

Lesson learned, read the release notes 🙂