If you want to stand up new sites for monitoring your extended Lync Infrastructure, or if you need to re-deploy OpsMgr Monitoring, follow these steps.
1. Add Agent Push Administrator permissions to Server
a. Agent Action Service Account
2. Push SCOM Agent to Server and enable Agent proxy
a. Go to Administration in the Operations Console
b. Click Discovery Wizard or right click Agent Managed and click Discovery Wizard
c. Click Windows Computers, then click Next
d. Drop down ‘Computer and Device Classes’ to Servers Only, ensure the correct Management Server is selected, click Next
e. Click Browse for, or type-in computer names to push the Agent to, ensure the name resolves, click Next
f. Ensure that the Account you are using has correct permissions to discover (Administrator on the Agent), Click Discover
g. Select the object to manage, click Next
h. Click Install
i. After successful Agent install, go to Administration\Agent Managed and go to the properties of the Agent(s) installed
j. Click the Security tab on the Agent and check the box to enable Agent Proxy ‘Allow the agent to act as a proxy……"
3. Add Community string and enable SNMP on devices to monitor and ensure firewall rules allow the SCOM Management Server IP’s.
4. Go to Administration\Network Management\Discovery Rules; Open Network Discovery Rule and add Click “Device” in the left pane.
a. Click ‘Add’ then enter the IP address and select your ‘Network Device CommunityString Account’ for the SNMP V1 or V2 Run As account, click OK
5. Run Network Discovery Rule (it should run automatically from the previous step)
· Note: Ensure monitoring server is a member of AD ‘RtcUniversalReadonlyAdmins’
6. Add ST Watcher Node as a trusted Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Application Pool
7. Create New Test User script for Lync ST
If you aren’t sure which test user needs to be created for which pool:
a. Look in the OperationsManager Event Log on the Lync Monitoring Server Role for Event ID 224 (ERROR)
- Log Name: Operations Manager
- Source: Health Service Script
- Event ID: 224
- Level: Information
- Keywords: Classic
b. Check the details for "There is no test user assigned for […..server.domain.com…..]
c. Determine if you need a new user or if you can reuse a current test user
This link gives good detail: http://www.vnext.be/2011/03/06/scom-opsmgr-lync-2010-management-pack-deploying-synthetic-transactions-sts/
8. Restart System Management Service (HealthService.exe) on ST Watcher Node
9. Check the Lync MP to ensure the Server is populated, and check the Network Device to ensure monitoring is healthy