Great post by Nick Moseley for troubleshooting bad MIF’s.

Read the full post here and download the script here.

“Today I was troubleshooting some client communication problems and found that one of the causes was that they were generating bad MIFs, so SCCM was rejecting the hardware inventory they were sending.  Along the way, I also found that there 230 bad MIFs on my site server.  Instead of manually opening each file to ‘document’  which system it was, I decided to script it.  I must give credit to a blog posting by Don Hite, which gave me the original idea to do this in the first place.”