People involved in the podcast: (in order that they joined the discussion)
- Dan Kregor
- Pete Zerger
- Cameron Fuller
- Marcus Oh
- Marnix Wolf
- Bob Cornelissen
- [Some unknown Microsoft person who briefly stopped by]
- Doug Hazelman
- Raymond Chou
- Arie De Hann
- Adam Hall
- Brian Wren
- Matthes Derdack
The following is the summary of the discussion from my perspective: (in order of discussion)
- Discussion on the new terms at MMS and around System Center:
- Discussion on the new pod sections in the Microsoft booth at MMS – no longer is their an Operations Manager pod it’s now “Infrastructure Management”.
- Cloud and Datacenter Management as the new MVP section encompassing all system center products other than Configuration Manager.
- From the end of the keynote on day two they announced the MMS 2013 location & we discussed the impacts of what announcement – “Microsoft World in June 2013?”
- Windows Server 8 is now Windows Server 2012.
- System Center 2012 release announced.
- InTune – where is it and what does it mean now? What does this mean to Mobile Device Management?
- The Cloud and System Center.
- Licensing and System Center 2012.
- Impacts of System Center solutions and how they work in the small business world.
- Podcast logistical challenges and how we ended up with a single longer podcast.
- Vendor capabilities demonstrated at MMS – what are the coolest integrations with System Center?
- MMS 2012 as a deja-vu of MMS 2011.
- Doug announced 10 sockets for free on the Veeam MP – fully functional non-expiring and including the first 12 months of support.
- Favorite sessions of the week at MMS and what sessions did and did not get accepted at MMS 2012.
- Labs at MMS – the good and the bad.
- Discussion on the keynotes – it was special because we didn’t do anything special. It was just System Center 2012.
- Brian Wren’s session on Orchestrator and OpsMgr and “just in time public speaking”.
- Booth babes at MMS and marketing trends at MMS.
- Derdack and their products at MMS and launching a new product in a few weeks.
- What is the future of System Center Universe in this new “MMS 2013” world?
Other humorous points during the podcast:
- We introduced the word “complified” which someday I hope will be in the dictionary.
- Most of the bloggers on the discussion blog because they can’t remember things otherwise.
- Parties at MMS and side-discussion on stereotypes about Texas and cowboy gear.
- Marcus and his style and insights on management.
- Arie as the “dinosaur”.
- How to create an unscannable badge at MMS.
- Re-introduction of the siesta at MMS?
- The real reason why I tweet as CFullerMVP.
This was a great discussion and I was glad to have been invited to participate and it summarizes most of what happened at MMS!
(P.S. – My specific callouts during this podcast included Wally, Trevor, Kevin Holman and my marketing department colleagues)