Everything worked great in both the local development environment and the staging environment. But when I deployed to the production environment, the client-side functionality was not working properly.
My first thought was to recycle the application pool, but that didn’t work. Then I attempted to do an IISRESET. That DIDN’T WORK either!!!
For the rest of the day, my users were complaining that the application was no longer working. My instructions to delete the temporary internet files seemed to work in most cases, but I didn’t need my users to have to deal with that.
I don’t fully agree with that approach, because for the most part, I want my .js files to cache. But I would like to control when an update occurs.
Or, even better, you can set it to a unique GUID that you store in your web.config and just update the version in the web.config when you deploy an update. Anyway, you get the idea!