New in System Center Updates Publisher 2011
- Simpler setup with no database installation
- An improved user interface that allows better control of managing software updates
- Improved applicability rule authoring experience
- Improved performance when importing and managing software updates
- The ability to create software update bundles
- The ability to define prerequisite and superseded updates as part of a software update definition
- A new “Automatic” publication type with which Updates Publisher 2011 can query Configuration Manager to determine whether the selected software updates should be published with full content or only metadata
- A new Software Update Cleanup Wizard that you can use to expire software updates that exist on the update server, but are not in the Updates Publisher 2011 repository
Required pre-req: Microsoft .Net Framework 4
Required pre-req: WSUS-KB2530768
After installing the required .Net Framework 4 and KB2530768, launch the installation.
Accept the license agreement and select “Next”.
Change the installation path, or accept the defaults, click “Next”.
Click “Next” to start the installation.
Once the installation has finished, click “Finish” to close the installation program.
Once installed, you will have a new SCUP 2011 program group.
Here we can see the new 2011 console successfully launched.