Another colleague sent a link for this awhile back and I’ve been meaning to blog about it for quite some time.
We are pleased to announce the latest version of Core Configurator built and designed for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Core edition!
It is completely open source so it can be amended and change to fit your requirements, this version has been a year in the making and has been written in powershell with a reference to Winforms so that a GUI format is displayed.
The primary focus of this project is to try and get feedback and contributions back from the community to make this a tool the best/ free tool everyone will want in there toolkit, so if you have some code or features that you might want included then please leave a comment and we will get in touch.
Core Configuration tasks include:
- Product Licensing
- Networking Features
- DCPromo Tool
- ISCSI Settings
- Server Roles and Features
- User and Group Permissions
- Share Creation and Deletion
- Dynamic Firewall settings
- Display | Screensaver Settings
- Add & Remove Drivers
- Proxy settings
- Windows Updates (Including WSUS)
- Multipath I/O
- Hyper-V including virtual machine thumbnails
- JoinDomain and Computer rename
- Add/remove programs
- Complete logging of all commands executed