One of the great topics in today’s keynote session centered around shortly? coming features for PowerPivot – namely:
- Integration with Visual Studio 2010
- Ability to utilize SSAS 2008 R2 as point of storage for billions of rows, not just hundreds of millions
- Pivot Reporter extension for PowerPivot and SharePoint integration
- Record Viewer view to help manage wide tables in PowerPivot data source
- Lineage and Dependency Tracking and visualizations
Unfortunately, no committed dates to when we will have these features available, but hopefully we will see the previews soon.